Saturday, January 26, 2019

Bicycle Die Cards


I found this fiddly bicycle image and decided to test the limits of the used blade on my Silhouette Cameo. I was surprised that most of them came out beautifully, even using my cheapo Michaels' Recollections brand cardstock! So I had fun making a few bicycle-themed cards.


I worked mainly from my scrap paper containers. I was happy with how nicely they turned out!


Because the bicycle is so thin and fiddly, I planned to use my Xyron sticker maker to attach them. Alas, I forgot to check the measurements before cutting them. They were too big. So I found a Beacon spray adhesive and used that. It was a little messy, but it worked wonderfully and dried clear. Bonus: The little residue that ended up on the front from overspray dried completely smooth with no tacky residue.


Most of these papers are scraps from making pretty composition book journals from $5 Michaels Hot Buy paper pads.


As you can tell, I'm very partial to my lace border punch. I'm so thrilled to have found another one so many years later!


And that's all for this week! I have more Silhouette projects to share - perhaps next week.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

That lace punch was always one of my favorites, but mine broke a looooong time ago. Love the bicycles - way to use up your scrap paper.
You should link up to our "Anything Goes" challenge this week on The House That Stamps Built!
http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/anything-goes-challenges/anything-goes-challenge-j2319/

 
;