Saturday, January 19, 2019

1/19/19 Weekly Tags

I showed you some cards I made in the last post. Now I'm going to show you some gift tags I made this week. I like to add something pretty to my packages so they don't look so boring, but storebought tags are usually bland. I was happy to finally be able to cut the shape I wanted and decorate them with paper and embellishments from my scrap bins.


My daughter is a coffee addict (we like to call it a "committed relationship"). She inspired me to create these coffee-themed tags. I left some room to at least write a name. I write pretty small, so I can probably write a little greeting on them, too.


I really like these little paper bows. I could have created them on my Silhouette Cameo, but I used my We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board. It was really easy, especially with the paper scraps I was working with.

I picked up these rhinestones at Dollar Tree this week. I saw them and realized I haven't worked with rhinestones in a few years. I really like them! They're just the right touch for the center of the bows.


I fussy-cut some things out of scraps of the busy writing-themed paper from a recent $5 Michaels paper pad to create most of these. It was really easy, or I wouldn't have done it. I don't have a lot of patience for fussy-cutting, which is one of the reasons I got my Silhouette.


Lastly, I did manage one masculine tag. I only had a small bit of this measuring tape paper leftover, and it worked well with the die cut gear. Now that I think of it, I do have washi tape in a measuring tape design. I may have to make some more masculine tags ...

I really enjoyed making these tags! I'll be putting them to good use as I give our church ladies a small handmade gift (an altered composition notebook this year) for their birthdays.

0 comments:

 
;