Monday, March 28, 2016

Lacey Raglan Sweater: My Experiment with Reverse-Engineering

I saw a sweater pattern that was pretty, but I couldn't justify buying it at the moment. It was a pretty basic pattern, and they were charging a good bit for a basic pattern. So I decided to try my hand at reverse-engineering it. It was a basic raglan sweater with a lace design that starts at the center front and increases diagonally until it meets in the back.



I found the lace pattern that they used in the original pattern, but I found an even prettier one, too. It's very similar, but I liked the looks of it better. It's called Openwork Diamonds and can be found at www.knittingstitchpatterns.com.



It was pretty easy, once I figured out how to diagonally increase the lace design. (I was under a lot of stress at the time from a non-knitting-related incident, so it took me a lot longer than it should have to figure that out. I think it was several days.)



I like how I can add a colored tank top under the sweater to add a bit of color to my outfit.

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your the master at seeing something and figuring out on your own how to make it!! The sweater turned out great!

 
;