Monday, February 16, 2015

Knitting: Another $5 in Paris Sweater for Me


I knit myself another sweater in the $5 in Paris sweater pattern that I love so much. Please excuse the skirt that doesn’t match. I was just trying it on for a fitting, not wearing it for the day!

I made a few (more) changes to the pattern this time.

First of all, I only did 2-1/2” of ribbing to finish off the bottom of the sweater. Since I’m so short-waisted, I didn’t need the extra 2”. This put the sweater right in my ideal range: 14 to 14-1/2” from the underarm.

Secondly, I added a stripe to the sleeves and ended with a contrast stripe (also 2-1/2”, which ended up being a total of 15 rows before binding off). I hope this won’t bother me when I wear it (to have the sleeves end on a different stripe than the body), but it just made sense to make the sleeves to my ideal length as well.

I love how it turned out!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

You're one talented lady -- I'd never attempt making sweaters for myself!

 
;