Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Knitting: FINALLY! A Beret for Me!


Yes, I finally managed to find (and knit) a winter hat that I like on myself. Sorry the pictures aren't the best, but they're as good as I could do with the lighting that I had to work with.


Since I liked the look of the last Nine Dwindling Cables hat from the front, I modified it to reduce the slouch by roughly 3" less.


I also worked it in black this time, since I really need the contrast by my face so that I don't look like death. :)

I'm going to line it with a satin sleep cap so that it doesn't frizz my hair when I wear it.

I can't tell you how happy I am to finally have a winter hat that doesn't make me look goofy. I spent my childhood in dorky-looking hats simply because my mother wouldn't let me out of the house without one on. (I make my own kids wear a hat, too, so I completely understand!) From the time I had a say in what I wore, I simply haven't worn a winter hat. It's been 37 years coming, but it's finally here.

If you'd like to see my rather brief project notes on Ravelry, you can find them here.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Glad you finally found something you like!!

 
;