Friday, January 23, 2015

Knitting: Layer Cake Loop Cowl for ME!


I've knit myself a few decorative-style cowls recently in an effort to keep my neck warmer this winter. Usually I would reserve cowls like this for wearing with my coat, but they do wonders to keep me warmer when I wear them with my regular clothes, so I picked some nice colors that would go with my wardrobe.

This pattern (a freebie) is called Layer Cake Loop, and it's one of my all-time favorites. The first picture is how it looks un-looped. You could wear it like this or pull it down to cover the tops of your arms, almost like a cape. Mine fits perfectly either way.


If your neck is especially cold, you can double it. (This is mostly how I've been wearing it.)

I used Michaels' brand of yarn called Impeccable. When they had it on sale recently for $1.74/skein, I picked up a bunch of it. I really like the yarn and appreciate that it comes in some nice, vibrant colors. Not every yarn line does.

Stay tuned for more cowl pictures in the future!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

You should stay toasty warm in your new knitted cowls! I've never worn one before - probably because I feel "smothered" with anything too tight around my neck!

 
;