Thursday, March 13, 2014

Crochet: Ruffly Fabric Scarf


Here's the scarf that I crocheted from the yarn I picked up on Monday.

I was itching to do it, so I went ahead and finished it that night. It took me about an hour, and I absolutely love the end result.


So does my 8-year-old daughter, as you can tell. She wanted it for herself. I told her I would buy another hank at some point and make her one of her own. Until then, we can share this one.

This is about half of the yardage of a similar yarn put out by Red Heart. Red Heart's retails around $10, so $4 for this scarf is about right. What I especially like is that it creates a shorter scarf, so I only have to pay for the yarn that I use.

I crocheted this one because I wanted to see if it makes any difference in the thickness and "ruffliness" of the finished product. This one turned out very boa-like, which is what I was hoping for. When I do one for my daughter, I may knit hers to see if there is any difference.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Looks good on you Christa -- great deal for only $4 too!!

 
;