Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Knitting: Olwen Sweater

Front - This is the truest to the color.

I've been quiet for awhile, but I've been busy. We recently traveled for almost a whole week, and I took two sweaters along to knit to keep me occupied. This was one of them, and I knit it in a week. (I started a day or two before we left.)

Back Cabling

I love cabled sweaters like this, but I haven't found any yet in my size that flatter my shorter body proportions. So I decided to knit my own from a 100% lambswool thrift store sweater that I unraveled.

Arm cable detail
 Instead of re-writing everything I already wrote on my Ravelry project page, I decided to share my Ravelry project page with you. You'll need to follow this link to access it. That's where I've recorded all of the details and my notes along the way.

Neckline detail - note that it's not a traditional scoop-neck on me, which I'm very happy about!
If you're a knitter and would like to make one of these, this is (believe it or not) a free pattern. It has a pretty big range of sizes, too, so you should be able to find something to fit you. You can find it on Ravelry here: Olwen Sweater.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! You're a fast knitter!! You did a great job on that sweater!

 
;