Saturday, June 1, 2019

Review: Washi Tape Stickers from Wal-Mart

I recently found these Pen + Gear washi tape stickers at Wal-Mart. At the time, I was looking for a theme for the next month, so I was happy to go with flowers.


So, what did I think of them?

PROS
  • As you would expect, they're repositionable.
  • The designs are detailed and lifelike, which is a preference of mine.

CONS
  • Since they're repositionable, sometimes the edges pull up slightly (see photo below - it might be hard to tell, but it's there). I didn't have any fall off all month, but I doubt they'll be there if/when I go back to reference this journal in years to come.  

  • Like most washi, they're a bit transparent. When I drew lines on the paper before laying down the stickers, you could faintly (and sometimes not-so-faintly) see the lines after laying down the sticker (see photo above). In the photo above, I was using a highlighter for the lines behind the sticker.
  • There are only four of each flower design, and they're not all grouped together. Since I used one on my monthly layout, and since some months have five weeks, I had to choose coordinating flowers and alternate them each week. I also had to go through the whole roll of stickers, separate them by flower, and then reassemble the roll. (Why, yes, I do lean a bit toward OCD about some things. What makes you ask?) ;)
The Verdict

I will definitely use up the roll, but I doubt that I'll be choosing more washi stickers in the future - unless I find some gorgeous ones that I just can't resist. Since I love flowers, I'll probably find some traditional flower stickers I like for my theme each month. Who knows, though? I'm a woman, and I change my mind now and then. 
As an amusing side note, although I can't name many of them, I love flowers. I can identify cabbage roses and double peonies, simply because they're my all-time favorite flowers. However, I can't grow flowers to save my life - or theirs! I've joked with people that flowers shrivel up and die overnight when they realize they're in my house.

0 comments:

 
;