Saturday, November 17, 2018

Altered Composition Book with Tabs

You may have noticed that I've been papercrafting again lately. I've especially been enjoying altering composition books. As I looked at other people's ideas online, I noticed that some of them were adding sections to theirs. I like the idea, since I always liked 3-subject notebooks. So I decided to take a book I had already altered and add some tabs and sections to it.

This is the book I started with:


I gathered my supplies, mostly from the same paper pad that I originally used to make this one. It was a Hot Buy paper pad from Michaels.


I added in a few sheets of plain white cardstock, as well as a Spellbinders file folder tab die.


I used almost every scrap of the two decorative papers. I tried a few methods of making these sections and liked this one the best, since it only uses two of the fancy papers from the paper pad (which makes it stretch further).


This is the first section. I backed it with a piece of plain white cardstock to hide the lines on the back of the page, as well as giving it more stability.


For this divider, I used the rest of the decorative paper that I cut off when I made the first divider page. Then I added in a decorative strip from the paper pad that looks like a ribbon. That still left some room along the side, so I filled it in with some plain cream cardstock.


This is the third tab. The paper is foiled, so it's very pretty.


This is the fourth and last tab. I designed it the same as the second tab, just with a different paper (cut from the second sheet of patterned paper).


And this is what the tabs look like when the book is closed.

I've done several this way, and I really like the result. I hope this helps someone else. Let me know if you try it. I'd love to see yours!

0 comments:

 
;