Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Bullet Journal: What's Working for Me This Week

So far, I'm in love with my bullet journal. I think I've already used it more than I've used any planner since I became a stay-at-home mom. The key to this is the fact that I can design it to fit MY needs, which probably aren't the same as anyone else's needs.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few things that are working for me, a few that didn't work, some new finds, and a recent page that I especially love.

WHAT'S WORKING

1. Loose leaf - I keep wanting to buy a graph paper composition book ($1 at Wal-Mart), but I honestly don't know if I could stand to have my specialty pages in anything but alphabetical order. I may try it sometime, just to see how it works for me ...

2. Washi tape headers - I found this washi tape at Dollar Tree on clearance because it was supposedly Easter-themed. At 10 meters for $0.50, I may just buy more if they have any left the next time I'm there. I especially love that it makes simple headings a little extra-special without taking a lot of time doodling. The dots make it easier for me to form the letters uniformly, too!



Along that same line, I need to tell you that most pens and markers will not write on washi tape. At least not this kind.

The only thing I could find in my house that would write on it was my trusty Sharpie Ultra Fine Point. (Regular fine-point Sharpies just bead up.)



3. Cheap-ish felt tip pens - I dearly love PaperMate Flair felt-tip pens. I looked around and found some off-brand felt-tip pens at Dollar Tree and Family Dollar. So far, I'm pleased with them. I've been using them longer than the gel pens lasted, so I think they may work for me.



I got this (2/pack) at Dollar Tree. They have both black and blue inks, but in separate packaging.



I got this (2/pack) at Family Dollar. Yes, it does smell great. You can even faintly smell it for awhile after you've written, if you sniff the paper. (Of course, I don't recommend sniffing the marker for any length of time.)

WHAT ISN'T WORKING

The only thing that hasn't worked out recently is a set of gel pens that I bought at Dollar Tree. I wasn't surprised because I've never liked gel pens - not even the expensive ones. I got them as an experiment, and I've already handed them over to my kids. I need ink that flows consistently, and gel pens just don't do that for me.

NEW FINDS

A lady in an online group posted a picture of cute stickies that she found at Dollar Tree recently, and I've been searching for them ever since. While I was out of town recently, I found them and picked up a few of my favorites. I haven't used them just yet, but I'll share when I do.



They're not necessary, but they're fun and add some color and design to a layout with minimal fuss.

A NEW PAGE

I haven't read much since I had kids, but my kids are old enough now that I can read for awhile without them needing me to do things for them. Since it's summer break (from homeschooling), I decided to start reading again.



I used someone else's page as inspiration, and I love how this page turned out! As I read books, I color them in.

I'm feeling more comfortable with where I'm going with all of this, and I'm using pens a lot more. I may trace over this with pens at some point.

Well, that's it for now. I'd love to hear your experiences with bullet journaling, if you've tried it!

posted from Bloggeroid

0 comments:

 
;