Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Knitting: Nine Dwindling Cables beret


Here's a hat I made for charity. It's a free pattern called Nine Dwindling Cables by Yarn Owl. As you can see, it's great for people with "big hair" or those of us who wear our hair up. Something about this design is particularly flattering, but I can't put my finger on what it is.


I love how it looks from the top, too. I just adore cables!


This is the only problem I had with it - it's way too big for my small head, even with all of my hair tucked underneath. My family had a blast poking fun at my "turban" when I tried it on. I guess it's pretty obvious that I'm not a slouchy hat person.

I love this design so much, though, that I'm trying to figure out a way to scale it back so it doesn't overwhelm my small features. I pulled back a bunch of the fullness (and turned it to black and white) to get this effect, which I really, really like:


If you'd like to read my extensive knitting notes on this, you can view my project page using this link.

0 comments:

 
;