Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nightgown for Paige


This nightgown is another experiment that turned out completely different than I intended ... but it's still great!

I started out to make an A-line t-shirt dress with a ruffled bodice.

The ruffles got (more than) a little crooked, but that ended up looking like a design element. We'll just pretend I did that on purpose, okay?

When it was all finished, I looked at it and said, "This is a nightgown, not a dress!" Well, I hadn't set out to make a nightgown. But Paige did need something lighter than fleece for nightwear, so I was still happy with the end result.

Now I just need to figure out the secret to making it look like a dress instead of a nightgown. I think a solid color would help. Maybe shortening it a little. Any other ideas?

4 comments:

Larri said...

Very sweet! I think it's the print that gives this adorable dress the appearance of a nightgown. Perhaps a different print (or even the solid you suggested) would remedy that. :)

Roberta said...

Three-quarter sleeves and a belt should take away the nightgown look.

Christa said...

Thanks for the ideas! I have a few girly belts that (so far) I had no use for. I think I'll try both of your suggestions on the next attempt.

Esther Asbury said...

LOVE the ruffles!! Such a sweet little nighty!

 
;