Friday, October 12, 2012

Nightgown/Dress for Bitty Twin Girl


I had this baby yarn sitting around with no project in sight. So when I decided to try scaling down a real baby pattern for the Bitty Twins, I grabbed it. I wouldn't be upset if I had to rip it all out.

It went surprisingly well. It could stand to be a little bit tighter on her, but it's a pretty good fit, all things considered.

The pattern is a free one called Oriental Lily. I chose to do it in the Newborn size, but I switched to sport-weight yarn and size 6 needles. I also changed the arms by knitting only 20 rows before the edging.

Because of the colors, I think this looks like a nightgown, but I'm going to let my daughter decide (after Christmas).

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

R----- is going to have so much fun dressing her dolls come Christmas! What fun to have so many outfits to choose from -- extra special because mommy made them!

 
;