Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Knit Hats: Butterfly Hat

I love this hat pattern! It's so pretty and easy - and fun! Once again, I used some Caron Dazzleaire that I picked up at Dollar Tree a week or so ago.

It's really an adult-sized pattern (can be adapted to child-size by casting on 80 stitches instead), but I had my daughter model it since I look ridiculous in beanie-style hats. She, on the other hand, looks adorable ...

See the butterflies the stitching creates? They really aren't hard at all.
This one didn't turn out pointy, either, which I love. It took me a day's worth of free time to finish this one, so it's a quick knit.

If you want to make one, too, I used the free Butterfly Hat pattern from Ravelry. I can't say enough good things about the pattern or the yarn.

I'm putting this into my gift stash, although I don't necessarily have a particular person in mind at the moment. I'm so out of touch with fashion that I'm not sure if a teenager would wear this or not. Any thoughts? I have all age ranges on my gift list, so I'd love to know your thoughts on what age range you would give this to.

5 comments:

angie said...

I think a teenager would wear this if you added a crocheted flower or bird or owl to the "brim." It is lovely.

Christa said...

I love the idea of a flower!! I'll have to dig up those crocheted flowers I made a few months ago and experiment. Thanks for the suggestion!

jemilyea said...

I think some teens might wear this hat. Out of my students, one boy wears his favorite college team version and two of the girls wear almost any kind of hat when they can. All the others are average -- sometimes will wear hats; sometimes won't.

Christa said...

Thank you for your help! I don't get around a lot of "hip" young people any more, but I try not to give gifts that the nieces/nephews won't really use. :)

Esther Asbury said...

Beautiful job Christa!

 
;