Saturday, October 20, 2018

$3 Fall Dollar Tree Wreath

You might remember that I'm a pastor's wife. One of my duties is leading our monthly ladies' meetings. Our ladies appreciate a nice craft just as much as the next person, but it's hard to find an inexpensive craft that is actually useful and adds value to our homes. I'm a firm believer in making pretty, practical, and inexpensive crafts. As you might imagine, this taxes my creativity to the limit some months.

This year, I wanted to create seasonal wreaths for our homes. Since we take the summers off and start our "year" fresh in September, the first seasonal wreath was for fall. I browsed my local Dollar Tree stores for inspiration and was not disappointed.

With the same supplies (roughly $3.33 worth - 1 wreath, the equivalent of one batch of flowers, 1 package of small pumpkin clips and one metal sentiment sign that came 3/pack), I came up with the following variations:


The pumpkin clips came in three varieties - white, orange, and red. I used all white pumpkins on this wreath.


I switched out one of the white pumpkins for an orange one on this variation.


I reversed the pumpkin color selection this time, with two orange and one white.


Then I tried all orange. This was my favorite of the pumpkin variations. Ladies with a farmhouse decorating theme (the current rage) would probably prefer white pumpkins.


After all that experimenting with the pumpkins, I started experimenting with the placement of the sentiment. This was my favorite, and we ultimately ended up making most of them just like this.

The nice thing about these wreaths is that everything just tucked into the wreath without any hot glue. We can take out the fall decorations and make a fresh arrangement any time we want.

I hope this helps someone else who may be looking for an inexpensive wreath or inexpensive ladies' meeting craft ideas!

0 comments:

 
;