Friday, August 26, 2016

New-to-Us Curtains

So we've decided we'll be staying here for awhile, and I'm finally able to feel like I can really "move in" and make the space my own.

When we moved in last December, the original curtains that came with the (double-wide) trailer in 1990 were on the windows.



They were very nice in 1990. In 2016, though, they aren't exactly "my thing". So I've set about changing them as I find curtains/window treatments that I like at thrift stores. I may even make a few, if I can't find anything for one of the tougher rooms.

The lone dining room window was the first to be changed, and it made all the difference in the look and feel of the room.



This entire window arrangement was less than $10 at the thrift store, by combining several different packages. The tiebacks were still "new with tags" with an original price of $16.99 each, so I was very happy with our deal!

Browns are not my usual decorating color, but the right shade can be elegant and even relaxing. This is like a dark beige, and I really like it. Besides, there is a beautiful antique pump organ in the room to decorate around (what I'm choosing as the room's focal point), and this looks fabulous with it! Bonus: It matches the walls well, so we don't even need to paint.

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Another great thrift store deal!! FUN to decorate and redecorate with thrift store finds!

 
;