Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thrifted Doll Furniture Finds - October 2013 Edition

 I just had to share our most recent thrift store finds with you. Check out this fantastic shelving unit that I picked up for just $3. It's perfect to house our kitchen items at the moment. (We don't have a dedicated kitchen area for the dolls yet, but we do have several kitchen items, as well as a table and chairs.)


As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the perfect height. The bottom part opens up and you can store things inside the two partitioned sides.


On that very same shopping trip I found this great wooden piece. My daughter had just set up a "Bitty Twin Store" the day before, and I realized how perfect this piece would be as shelving and hanging space. Here is her own store creation. (I plan to expand on the idea in the future as a playset.) This was also just $3.

 You really have to use your imagination to see the potential in this one. Whoever designed it must have had a very rustic idea in mind. It really does look like someone allowed their 3-year-old to scribble all over it with a wide magic marker.

No worries, though. I'm going to put padding on it and cover up all that horrid "paint job". It's going to be a couch for the dolls. We can fit two of them on it perfectly, and this saves me having to build the wooden part of the couch myself.

I paid $4 for this one, but it's still cheaper than buying wood and making one from scratch.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

How fun -- you see potential in things I'd probably pass by! Guess you've developed and "eye" for it!

 
;