Thursday, August 8, 2013

More to Come ... Soon

I just wanted to drop you all a line, in case you wonder where I am and if I'm out of ideas or quit making things.

This is a busy month for me as we gear up for homeschooling again. I aim to start mid-month so we get a headstart and can take a few days off now and then as ministry demands (and my own sanity) require.

As a result, I don't have much time to take pictures and write up blog posts at the moment. I may be able to get out only one post a week, but rest assured that I have lots and lots of things to share with you when I can find the time to properly do so.

Honestly, I have three big doll-related projects that are almost ready to share and a few that are just waiting for me to remember to recharge my camera batteries - or remember to buy a spare set.

Just as a little hint/teaser ... When the latest AG catalog arrived in our house, my kids sat down with it and started drooling. It wasn't very long before I heard them complaining about the high cost of everything and how they could never afford this and that and the other thing that caught their eye.

As a mother and a teacher, I try not to let a teachable moment pass. I had my daughter write down everything she wanted from the catalog and told her I'd see what I could do about "making them happen". She knows me well enough to know that the clothes weren't going to be that much of a problem, but she's going to be thrilled with the accessories that I'm sure she never thought I could make. I wasn't so sure myself, until I did it. :)

As a side note, both of my kids thought the Bitty Twins' lemonade stand was cute. I was so proud of them when they showed me (later that same day) the lemonade stands they had made with things they had on hand. I think they're "getting it"!

Lastly, for those of you who have recently favorited my Etsy shop in hopes of my listing some doll clothes again, I aim to do just that as soon as I get the time. I have a lot of doll clothes sitting here that I had a blast making, but there's no way my kids' dolls can wear all of them.

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

It's twice as rewarding getting what you want when you've made it yourself and saved $$! I've done it over and over with decorating, baking, sewing, etc. etc.
It's also great seeing your kids using their imagination to create something instead of whining about what they want/don't have.
BTW - happy homeschooling AND crafing!

 
;