Friday, May 18, 2012

More Memory Quilts

It's been ages since I posted any quilts, mostly because I've been knitting more than anything else the last few months. However, I recently ran across the pictures of memory quilts I made for a fellow pastor's wife this past Christmas, and I thought I'd share them with you today.


I used the same sheets as the previous memory quilt that she commissioned for her husband. This time, she wanted a mini quilt for each of his brothers and sisters. We had to do a mini quilt size to have enough to go around, but it worked out better this way, in my opinion.


I used a plain white fabric for the sashing stripes, and I think it worked out nicer than the last one because it helped to break up the prints and colors better.

These were done in a rush the week before Christmas, but I was very pleased with how they turned out!

1 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

The white between the prints was a great idea -- it does help to break up the prints! So nice of you to do that for your friend!

 
;