Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cards from magazines

Thank you, Martha Stewart! I got a free year's subscription to Martha Stewart Living (I can't remember how, but it was an online freebie for something), and I was very pleased to find these gorgeous images in one of my first issues.

I got this idea to use magazine pictures on cards from another blogger whose ideas I just love. Check out her post about it here. I'm more into frills than country, so mine look a little different than hers. :)

Supplies: paper (American Crafts); ribbon (Michaels $1 bin); embossing folder (Cuttlebug Textiles); fleur de lis edge punch (EK Success); brads (Dollar Tree). NOTE: I gave the brads two coats of that pearly nail polish I got for just this purpose (I don't paint my nails). They don't look exactly like pearls, but they are beautiful! CARD SIZE: 6x6"

Supplies: paper (American Crafts); ribbon (Michaels $1 bin); embossing folder (Cuttlebug Textiles); fleur de lis edge punch (EK Success); brads (Dollar Tree). CARD SIZE: 6x6"

Supplies: paper (American Crafts); ribbon (Michaels $1 bin); embossing folder (Cuttlebug Textiles); fleur de lis edge punch (EK Success); brads (Dollar Tree). CARD SIZE: 6x6"


Supplies: paper (Dollar Tree); ribbon (Michaels $1 bin); embossing folder (Cuttlebug Swiss Dots); fleur de lis edge punch (EK Success); brads (Dollar Tree). NOTE: I custom-colored the brads with my BIC Mark-It markers. CARD SIZE: 6x6"



Supplies: paper (DMD Industries); ribbon (Michaels $1 bin); embossing folder (Cuttlebug Textiles); fleur de lis edge punch (EK Success). CARD SIZE: 4.25x5.5"
I cut out lots more pictures, so maybe I'll get to post a few more soon. This is addicting!


2 comments:

Cindy Loven said...

your cards are gorgeous...I am loving my cuttlebug..

Monica Wilkinson said...

Your cards turned out beautifully! Great job and I'm so glad you had fun making them!

 
;