Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Altered composition book: tea theme

I'm late getting a gift out to my Ministerial Secret Sister (a fellow pastor's wife). She likes tea, so I'm going with that theme for my gift. I'm sending a pack of chamomile tea, the notecards I designed for her eons ago and this altered composition book that would make a lovely devotional journal:
I used wallpaper border that I picked up at the thrift store for $0.25/roll. I have three rolls and have never done anything with it, even though it's completely gorgeous and my style. So I decided this was the perfect opportunity. I had to cut off the ledge the teapot was resting on because it didn't match the rest of my project's colors, but I did cut the label ("Mint Green Tea") from the box it was resting on.

I don't know the name of the border punch I used on the spine. It belongs to my friend and I used it to make some double-sided 12" borders a few months ago, never thinking to note the name of the punch.


You can see more altered composition books I've made here, here and here.

1 comments:

Susan said...

It's beautiful! I really like the double-sided border on the spine.

 
;