Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Altered spiral notebooks

I made notebooks for the evangelist's daughters last week, and I thought I'd share them with you. I was thrilled with how they turned out!

First of all, I have to tell you that I cut up a book of Ann Geddes' photography. Lest you think I'm out of my mind, I got it for $0.05 at Salvation Army for this exact purpose. As I understand copyright law as it applies to photography, I couldn't sell these notebooks, but I can certainly give them as gifts. So let's take a look:
I used a fold-out page for both of them, so I actually only used one page. This is a large book!

Here's the other one.



And here they are side by side so you see how the picture originally fit together. I had to trim them some, so I chose to trim the blue checked part and then use those scraps to die cut their names with my Sizzix Nouveau font. There was even enough left over to create a small notepad cover if I want to!


These look like those designer notebooks that you pay over a dollar a piece for, but reality is that they only cost me $0.05 each. Now that's a bargain! :)


You can find more of these notebooks that I've done here, here, and my tutorial here.

0 comments:

 
;