Thursday, April 9, 2009

Candy recipes

I was asked to share my recipes for the candy I made, so here goes ...

Peanut Butter Eggs

1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 stick margarine, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 lb 10x sugar (2 3/8 cups)
1/2 pkg chocolate chips
1/8 cake paraffin wax

1. Blend together the first four ingredients. Shape and refrigerate until firm.

2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips with shavings of the paraffin wax.

3. Dip eggs into chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate.

Yield: 4 large eggs or 28 (give or take) small eggs
NOTE: I made small eggs with this, and I used my medium-sized Pampered Chef scoop to get just the right amount of peanut butter filling. Then it was just a matter of making it an egg shape.

Coconut Eggs (adapted from a coconut cookie bar recipe)

5 ozs sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups 10x sugar
14 ozs shredded or flaked coconut
dipping chocolate (from above recipe)

1. Blend the condensed milk and vanilla.

2. Add the powdered sugar to the above mixture a little bit at a time, stirring until smooth.

3. Stir in the coconut. The mixture should be firm.

4. Shape into eggs (used my P.C. scoop again) and chill in the refrigerator until firm.

5. Dip eggs into chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper and refrigerate.

Yield: 28 (give or take) small eggs

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

thank you!

Christa said...

You're welcome! Let me know if you try them and how they turn out. :)

 
;