Thursday, December 18, 2008

Homemade trivets and coasters

First of all, this is not my original idea. I got the idea (and a fabulous tutorial) here.

I had picked up some Pfaltzgraff Tea Rose Wallies on clearance awhile back for $3 because I just knew I'd find a use for them. Sure enough, this is the perfect project!

So here are my finished trivets (4) and coasters (4):
And here is the bottom view:
I paid around $2.50 for the tiles and another $2 for the cork squares to go on the bottom. Add in the $3 Wallies (although I didn't use the entire package), and this project cost me $7.50. Considering how expensive trivets are, not to mention anything by Pfaltzgraff, I consider that a good deal!
I'm making more as gifts, but I don't have them done yet. I think they'll be for a birthday in February so I have more time to work on them.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Another cute idea!

two hippos said...

Glad you liked and used the tutorial!

 
;